Mass Spectrometer Engineer (JD #: MNRDACJD02) (active)
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate for the position of Mass Spectrometry Engineer in the Analytical Chemistry Group of our R&D team. This position is responsible for testing various samples obtained from internal and external projects based on the company's projects. The mass spectrometry engineer works with other members of the group to operate liquid chromatography tandem high-resolution mass spectrometer (LC-HRMS) and gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometer (GC-MS), acquire raw data and analyze with knowledge of analytical chemistry. The mass spectrometry engineer should also provide high-throughput, high quality metabolomics data, support to assist life sciences group understand and interpret mass spectrum data. At the same time, as a member of the core technical department, the mass spectrometry engineer is responsible for optimizing and expanding the reference compound database (AnnoMet) of Metanotitia, ensuring the robustness of the mass spectrometry platform, and developing new detection technologies.
We aim to recruit talents with different backgrounds to join us. Facing challenges of emerging and key technical issues together with us. We also need you to provide solution and suggestions to improve experimental procedures and optimize mass spectrometry platform.
The mass spectrometry engineer in this position will directly report to supervisor of analytical chemistry group, and technically assist and guide research assistant’s daily work. In addition, the engineer will also assist the life science group and bioinformation group. We sincerely welcome you who are not afraid of challenge, strong in learning ability and unlimited potential to join us!
1. Responsible for pre-processing and extraction, GC-MS and LC-MS equipment operating and mass spectrum data analysis of project samples;
2. Responsible for the maintenance of high-resolution mass spectrometry equipment;
3. Within the team, assisting in training and guiding analytical chemistry research assistants;
4. May occasionally travel based on work needs.
1. Master's degree or above in analytical chemistry, pharmacy, organic chemistry, medical science and other related majors, give priority to fresh graduates;
2. More than 2 years relevant mass spectrometry operating experience in metabolomics-related laboratories, familiar with LC-MS and GC-MS, experience in high resolution mass spectrometer operating is preferred;
3. Experience with biological sample pre-processing and mass spectrometry data analysis, structural analysis of unknown analytes is preferred;
4. Have experience in using high-resolution mass spectrometry such as electrostatic field orbitrap mass spectrometry and time-of-flight mass spectrometry;
5. Have a good understanding of basic laboratory skills and programs;
6. Able to read foreign literature normally and have published articles in SCI is preferred;
7. Rigorous work, clear thinking, strong analytical ability;
8. Strong English reading and writing skills.
Sales Manager (JD #: MNSDJD01) (active)
Due to the rapid growth of the company's business needs, the Metanotitia sales department will recruit a hard-working, creative and enthusiastic sales manager. Candidate will be responsible for the business promotion of metabolomics research paid services, formulating sales plans, expanding business channels, maintaining customer relationships, completing sales tasks, assisting the marketing department in collecting and organizing market information, and organizing marketing activities.
The sales manager in this position will report directly to CEO, may establish and management the sales team according to actual situation. The candidate will have close ties with internal and external parties to understand our customers’ business needs, marketing priorities, and develop solution that will help expand their business. We hope that candidates have overall consciousness and the ability to solve complex problems, are a proactive self-innovator, and can work independently in a fast and changing environment. Candidates in Metanotitia will get more opportunities for practice and growth.
1. Implement the company's sales management regulations, get familiar with the company's business technical background and experimental procedures, and improve the professional ability;
2. Collect market information, discover potential needs, and develop potential customers;
3. Execute sales plan and complete sales tasks;
4. Track and process customer feedback, conduct regular visits to key customers, maintain customer relationships, meet customer needs, and improve customer satisfaction;
5. Monitor and track sales receivable collection to ensure the timely collection of receipts and increase the rate of sales receivable collection;
6. Assist the marketing promotion of the company's products;
7. Submit work-related data, forms and reports in time;
8. Temporary tasks arranged by the leader.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above in biology, medicine, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry and related majors;
2. Understanding the principles of metabolomics and mass spectrometry is preferred;
3. More than three years of experience in multi-omics research paid service sales;
4. Internship or work experience in a metabolomics laboratory or company is preferred;
5. Interested in sales, enthusiastic in sales, can accept short-term business trips;
6. Good English written expression skills are preferred;
7. Good communication skills, sales skills;
8. Hard working and can bear big work stress.
Candidates for this position are mainly responsible for the promotion and sales of paid services for metabolomics mass spectrometry technology research, covering areas such as agriculture, food, medicine, etc. Candidates are required to have experience and resources in the sales of scientific research paid services in colleges, research institutes or corporate R&D institutions, and be able to independently develop customers and complete sales-related work. Candidates can work from home.
Senior Bioinformatics Engineer (algorithm) (JD #: MNRDBIJD04) (active)
We are a young and energetic team and are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to be our senior bioinformatics engineer. Candidate will play an important role for the intellectual property (IP) output in the multidisciplinary team of Metanotitia R&D Department and report to the CTO. Successful candidate will be responsible for the algorithm development of diagnostic model, disease classifier and predictor as well as the biomarker discovery; he/she will also interact with mass spectrometry engineers in the Analytical Chemistry Group and biology scientists in the Life Sciences Group in the R&D Department to perform optimizations of metabolomics pipelines and methods based on mass spectrometry. Apart from that, the future candidate will also conduct the patent application and scientific article submission for our IP outputs.
While completing different projects of the company, the candidate can acquire different skills. The company encourages internal communication between different groups and disciplines, supports employees to participate in industry seminars, summit forums, etc. to increase knowledge and improve themselves thus to better accomplish the job.
We like to create new and better data processing methods, skills, and solutions. We are excited about new possibilities and technologies. We continue to grow from challenges. Now, we sincerely invite you to join our multi-cultural team full of vigor, vitality, entrepreneurship and dare to face challenges. We are convinced that this is a platform where you can further stretch your ability and reflect your self-worth.
1. Design diagnostic models for disease classification and prediction;
2. Develop algorithms for biomarker discovery;
3. Use deep learning methods to optimize and develop analytical platform based on LC-MS and GC-MS thus to improve analytical efficiency, annotation coverage and accuracy;
4. Lead the bioinformatics-related R&D patent application/scientific paper submission;
5. Supervise daily work of subordinate bioinformaticians;
6. Share the latest knowledge in the field of bioinformatics with other colleagues;
7. Other tasks assigned by the leader.
1. Ph.D. or master’s degree in Mathematics/Bioinformatics/Statistics/Computer Science or related majors;
2. 3-5 years of working experience on bioinformatics or transdisciplinary (such as mathematics + biology) fields;
3. Proficient in Linux, and in at least one of following programming languages: R, Python C++ and others;
4. Exhibit expertise in machine learning algorithms, and have source code-level knowledge on at least one following frameworks: Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch;
5. Having certain experiences in metabolomics or multi-omics or MS-based data analyses is preferred;
6. Fluent in English;
7. Strong ability of learning and innovation, logical thinking and have good programming habits;
8. Good teamwork spirit and strong sense of responsibility.
Life Science Research Assistant (JD #: MNRDLSJD01) (Active)
Due to the rapid growth of R&D and business needs, we are looking for a research assistant as a member of our R&D team to work in the Life Sciences Unit. The research assistant position in the Life Sciences Unit is entry-level which is responsible for assisting biology researcher in creating new projects, including conceptualization, framework drafting, editing of reports and publications, ensuring accurate data analysis to biology researchers and providing technical support.
The research assistant in this position will directly report to the biology researcher, interact with the Analytical Chemistry Unit, the Bioinformatics Unit, and colleagues in the department in daily work, and respond to internal and external requests. When necessary, works related to marketing and external coordination will be involved. To this end, we sincerely invite you who have good data analysis skills and the ability to fast learn complex projects to participate in our projects.
1. Check mass spectrometry data, assist biology researcher to complete data processing and perform multi-omics data analysis;
2. Assist biology researcher in drafting abstract materials related to designated topics, to include the materials in work articles and project publications, and provide analytical reviews and abstracts of existing issues related to the project;
3. Coordinate inter- and intra- unit/department work;
4. Search the latest technology in the scientific field, update and check the existing knowledge database;
5. Disseminate and train the cutting-edge scientific field for colleagues;
6. Other tasks arranged by superior.
1. Master's degree or above in biology, biochemistry, medicine, agronomy, plant science or related fields;
2. Graduated from 211/985/prestigious research institute/overseas university is preferred, excellent undergraduates will be considered;
3. Have good academic reading and writing skills in Chinese and English;
4. Candidates who have published articles in well-known journals are preferred;
5. Familiar with programming language and Linux is preferred;
6. Have background in metabolomics/multi-omics is preferred;
7. Be rigorous and meticulous, with good writing skills.
Senior Mass Spectrometer Engineer (JD #: MNRDACJD03) (Inactive, for backup)
We provide an inclusive and enthusiastic workplace, value the efforts of all contributors, and invite you to apply for the position of Senior Mass Spectrometry Engineer in Metanotitia. This position is responsible for testing various samples obtained from internal and external projects based on the company's projects. The mass spectrometry engineer works with other members of the group to operate liquid chromatography tandem high-resolution mass spectrometer (LC-HRMS) and gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometer (GC-MS), acquire raw data and analyze with knowledge of analytical chemistry. The mass spectrometry engineer should also provide high-throughput, high quality metabolomics data, support to assist life sciences group understand and interpret mass spectrum data. At the same time, as a member of the core technical department, the mass spectrometry engineer is responsible for optimizing and expanding the reference compound database (AnnoMet) of Metanotitia, ensuring the robustness of the mass spectrometry platform, and developing new detection technologies.
We need senior mass spectrometry engineers make full use of professional advantage and keep learning, participate in academic conferences, read literature, focus on advanced technology, aim to improve themselves, improve team abilities and optimize procedures.
The senior mass spectrometry engineer in this position will directly report to supervisor of the analytical chemistry group of the R&D department, technically assist and guide daily work of the mass spectrometry engineer and other members. In addition, the engineer will also assist the life science group and bioinformation group, lead related seminar, workshop, conference and training, etc. We sincerely welcome you who have an international perspective, always up the challenge, strong spirit of innovation and teamwork to join us!
1. Use organic mass spectrometry platform to develop metabolomics, lipidomic and proteomics methods;
2. Responsible for in-depth analysis of high-resolution mass spectrometry data;
3. Responsible for the sorting, interpreting and writing English literatures;
4. Responsible for the management troubleshooting and method development of LC-MS and GC-MS mass spectrometry platforms;
5. Technically assist and guide the daily work of mass spectrometry engineers and other members of the analytical chemistry group;
1. Master’s degree or above in biology, chemistry and other related majors.
2. More than 5 years of experience in the specific operation of LC-MS and GC-MS instruments, and be proficient in the processing and analysis of LC-MS high-resolution mass spectrometry data.
3. More than 3 years working experience in metabolomics laboratory is preferred.
4. Fluent in English listening, speaking, reading and writing.
5. Strong logical thinking and analytical abilities and good sense of teamwork.
6. The ideal candidate has in-depth understanding and insight into metabolomics.
Biology Researcher (JD #: MNRDLSJD02) (inactive, for backup)
We are looking for an excellent biologist to join us as a core member in the Unit of Life Sciences of the R&D department due to the need of future development in R&D and business. You will cooperate in the group under the supports from research assistants to process and analyze metabolomics data, integrate other multi-omics data provided by customers and partners, and comprehensively incorporate omics data in collaboration with the bioinformatics unit, then interpret the biological significance and publish the results in different forms, according to the requests and demands from/of the customers/projects.
You will report your work directly to the CTO, supervise and carry out the daily work of research assistants, and coordinate projects across departments. When needed, additionally, you will also be involved in marketing activities and external project coordination. As you with high quality, comprehensive abilities and unlimited potential, we sincerely welcome you to join us!
1. To process mass spectral data;
2. To analyze multi-omics data;
3. To design, implement and coordinate projects;
4. To summarize and publish project results;
5. To train biological research assistants in the group;
6. To present projects externally;
7. Other temporary tasks.
1. PhD in biology, biomedicine, biotechnology, biochemistry, etc, more than 5 years of work experience;
2. Ability to analyze multi-omics data and have published academic papers on metabolomics or multi-omics disciplines (JCR > 2nd quartile).
3. Familiar with at least one statistical/data processing tool (R/Python/MATLAB/Julia/Perl), knowing Linux will be preferred.
4. Experience in working or internship at a metabolomics company / institute is preferred.
5. Experience with successful patent application is preferred.
6. Fluent in both written and oral English.
7. Strong logical thinking and analytical abilities, good sense of teamwork.
8. The ideal candidate has in-depth understanding and insight into metabolomics.
Compensation and Benefits
l Learning and Development, Promotion mechanism.
l Basic salary, telephone subsidy, lunch subsidy, year-end performance bonus, social security, housing fund.
l Paid annual leave, inauguration anniversary gift, team building activities, holiday gifts, birthday parties, health checkups, project rewards, spot rewards, employee parental care.
l Complete surrounding facilities and convenient transportation; vigorous team members and good working atmosphere.
Please forward your application cv to mailbox of Career@metanotitia.com and marked the title as “Position Name + Applicant Full Name”. We will contact you as soon as possible once received your cv, thank you for your attention.